Friday, January 8, 2016

School Ha[d] Begun


Hello long lost friends!

I started this post in August. I've been on hiatus since then. I sincerely apologize. But here's the stitch: I got really lazy and, apparently, writing reviews is a lot of work (surprised? I was too), but this post will be like a summary of my life since August.

[WARNING: if you think that you'll be riveted to the point where you are sitting on the edge of your chair biting your nails in eager anticipation, I'm sorry to disappoint you. My life is actually really boring and my laziness should tell you that much. I think the most exciting things that happened to me were the Taylor Swift concert—I'll save that for another post— and when my friends took me to the history museum which is filled with dinosaurs. I'm not being sarcastic here, it was so damn cool. If you think I'm a weirdo because I like dinosaurs (first of all you're wrong, I'm weird but not because of the dinosaurs), then you obviously haven't looked up velociraptors. Seriously, so cool.]

So when I was working on this post (in August 2015) here is what I was thinking:
"School has started and I'm actually not completely bummed by the idea. The only thing I'm not excited for it not being able to read all day erryday, but I make certain sacrifices for higher education...

Here's a quick update on my life: I am taking 15 credit hours this semester, two of those classes are 4000 level. In other words, this semester I might drown in the work load. I'm also a TA for two freshmen introductory classes, one of which is at 8:30am, so I'll be stressed and sleep deprived. I'm also apart of an internship for a Magazine that is run on campus, but is also world renowned.

I'm not complaining about my schedule or what I'm up against for this next semester, but I'm realistic (and also slightly cynical) when I say that it's going to be a tough semester. I'm actually really excited about this semester and all the fun stuff I'll be learning and doing.

Actually, this is my first post of the semester and it's not even the beginning of school anymore. If that doesn't tell you how much free time I have, I don't know what will...

Update on my Gone With the Wind reading:
It's still a work in progress. I may have left it at home and am stuck at whopping 226 pages. I really want to finish it, but Scarlett just irritates me so much. I don't seem to like any of the characters, even though the writing is phenomenal."

That's what I had in August. I'm sorry. I really did have the intention of finishing and posting it.

But to sum up, I was busy. I'm also patting myself on the back because I made it to every single one of those 8:30 classes! If you know me at all, you know I'm not a morning person. So that fact that I didn't sleep through the class once, needs its own celebration. (I'll be accepting cookies or mint-chocolate chip ice cream as gifts, if you feel the need.)

I also started the show Scandal on Netflix and that as a baaaddd idea because all I did was obsess over how perfect Jake is and how much I dislike Fitz (thanks a lot Maddie).

And, this is my first post of 2016. I'm almost positive that I made the "resolution" this time last year to keep up with my blog (hahaha). In my defense I did a great job until August. Maybe I'll make the same "resolution" again.

I've read a lot of books since August. Because that's what I do: read. I like to justify my constant reading to the fact that it's my job (thank you English Major), but really it's just my excuse to read. I'm going to break up these reviews (maybe in like theme or something cool and snazzy), or else this post will be DAYS long. And that's just annoying.

So I'll end the post here because those book reviews might just take up their own post. Let's be real. I'll leave you with a cliff-hanger to my life.


SOP: She's Kinda Hot by 5 Seconds of Summer 
I've been in a boy band mood lately. I think it's because of nostalgia. I'm also listening to old school Jonas Brothers and One Direction. Sorry not sorry. (in August I developed an obsession with 13 year old girl music. That phase is still going on and has extended to 5 Seconds of Summer, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber (old and new), and literally One Direction all the time. S/O to my friends that put up with me and my middle-school-esque playlist literally all semester.)

As embarrassing as it is to admit, I'm still going through this phase. I did add Halsey to the mix so I'm not sure if that's improving the situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment