Saturday, January 10, 2015

Happier Than a Pigeon with a French Fry

Remember when I wrote three posts just about Harry Potter and how bad I wanted to visit? (So bad that I even compared it to my Forks/Twilight obsession?)
Well, fret not fellow Harry Potter Nerds, because I will not be ranting about how I would sell my left kidney on the black market to visit the magical place of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (further identified as WWHP) at the Universal Parks.

BECAUSE THIS PAST DECEMBER MY PESTERING WORKED AND I MADE IT TO HARRY POTTER WORLD! 

And let me just begin by saying that it was probably the best day of my life. The whole three days that we explored WWHP, I had this ridiculous smile on my face and probably stopped talking aloud (my head was loud enough with my inner monologue) as I just soaked in the sights around me and the fact that I had finally made it. I decided I'd post a pic of me because I look happier than a pigeon with a French fry in literally every. single. picture. that I took.

             (see? I can't even keep a smile off of my face as I take my first sip of butterbeer ever.)

My mother wouldn't let me wear the Gryffindor dress robe so I could fit in with all the other wizards at Hogwarts and just head to class after my discovery of the magic in WWHP. It was probably best because I would've been the butt of every joke of every member of my extended family who clearly do not understand the magic of Harry Potter or my unadulterated obsession with it.

The butterbeer is incredible. The buildings are astounding and lifelike. The stores and props are... wow adjectives cannot begin to describe. They even played the instrumental music from the movies in both of the Harry Potter sections and there I am telling my sister which part of the certain movie that this certain song plays in the background. I forced my mom to take pictures of me in front of basically every landmark on the two parks. Sometimes my sister was pushed into the shot because my mom felt I was taking too many pictures of myself.

I tried so badly to convince my parents to buy me a wand— like the legit ones where the wand picks you at Olivander's and your hair shoots in different directions and there's a white light surrounding you and then the HP theme song starts playing in the background and then Olivander proceeds to tell you that the sister wand to yours is that of He-Who-Must-Not-be-Named (I may have just described Harry's experience in The Sorcerer's Stone, but mine would have been exactly like that, I'm sure of it.)— but Mom said that I was a little old to be carrying around a "wooden stick that has zero magical capabilities." I conceded because I'd gotten her to take the family to Florida just to quiet my verbal obsession with HP.

So peace out HP Nerds and my hope for you in the New Year, is that you get to experience WWHP and enjoy it as much as I did!

SOP: O Children- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
[Do you know where that song is from?]

No comments:

Post a Comment